Sunday, October 10, 2021

PG: Uni College

Last week was our college matriculation, followed by a formal dinner. College is like the hall of residences and each college has an assigned Principal and Vice-Principal. They oversee pastoral care of mostly the undergraduates rather than focus on academics. Teachings are conducted separately in other buildings. I chose St. Chads because I narrowed down all the accommodations nearest to the Arts & Humanities building which (I assumed) will be where my classes are going to be held. Since St. Chads is the smallest and has a close-knitted vibe which I gathered from my research, it was my first choice. There were so many organised events by the college since my arrival and I'm very lucky to be assigned to live here. I live just five minutes away from the main college in a neighbourhood and shared a house with four other girls who are also doing their masters in the Arts and Humanities.

The proceedings was an eye-opener. Much of what was said was already printed on our handouts. Our names were individually announced and we had to sign our names on a record. Of course I looked forward to dinner, the four-course meal was excellent 😋.