Saturday, October 2, 2021

PG: Matriculation Day

Hello! I've just arrived in England last week. I'll be doing my Masters in Visual Culture at Durham University. It has been a long journey to get here, both literally and metaphorically. I'm so thankful to the people who have made this possible.

This Wednesday was matriculation day. It used to be held at Durham Cathedral but due to Covid-19 restrictions, the venue was changed to a more airy space. Most students still made their way to the cathedral for phototaking. The interior of the cathedral is breathtaking. Every ounces of the architecture oozes beauty. Be it in the tiles, ceiling, windows or the walls. 

Since this is induction week, we have yet to formally start classes. There were many activities and programmes organised by my college (college means the accommodation which we are assigned to. Will share more about it in my next post) and I've participated in most of them. On days when I'm free, I would explore the town, looking at new things and trying new foods. I'm discovering new things every day and absorbing materials like a sponge.