Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Art Class: Fresh From the Oven Art Sketchbooks

Last week was the deadline for their sketchbook design. For the past few lessons, I've gather all the art materials on the trolley and bring them to class. In our first lesson, I introduced the usage of the materials. For materials that are more straight forward such as coloured markers and papers, I don't have to give them more air time. Two hot glue guns were placed on the teacher's desk so that I can monitor their usage from time to time while allowing them some autonomy. I have goggly eyes of various sizes, coloured pompoms and glitters. The students viewed some sketchbook design ideas online and I left the rest to them. Different art materials call for different types of glue. It's a good idea to go through the requirements and recommendations before letting them loose.