Friday, November 25, 2016

Artventures: To other schools

All newly-minted art teachers undergo this Beginner Teachers Programme that has a learning journey component to other schools. There's a list of schools pre-selected by the faculty and you can take your pick. The ones that I've attended in the beginning of this year have either a workshop or a talk conducted by the teachers from the school. It was a great experience and I went to Ngee Ann Secondary, Raffles Institution and St. Joseph Institution.

When I get an opportunity to go for workshop or learning journey, I'm not usually looking for quick fix where I can "steal" people's ideas and implement them in class and since I'm teaching in a primary school, I'm sure I'll get many opportunities in the future to visit other primary schools. Thus, I've chosen not to visit a primary school this time and see what teachers of higher education are up to.